1. Description of ASAP Insights’s Business.
ASAP Insights, LLC (“AI” and any reference to “AI” or “us” or “we” or “our” shall include AI’s parents, affiliates, and subsidiaries) provides sampling solutions and technology for survey research, and providing clients with access to consumer and business-to-business respondents via internet, telephone (both fixed/landline and wireless/mobile), and multi-mode methodologies. AI serves a vast array of for-profit and not-for profit businesses, universities and governmental agencies and departments.
2. What type of information do we collect?
3. How we collect information.
- Information submitted or provided by you:
- Through or in connection with AI’s corporate website(s), including, without limitation, www.asapinsights.com;
- Through or in connection with business meetings with actual or potential customers or clients;
- Through or in connection with promotions, meetings, events, and/or trade or industry shows or conferences sponsored by, hosted by, or attended by AI and/or AI’s employees, representatives, and/or agents; and
- Through telephone calls, email communications, and/or other forms of communication with you.
- Through inquiries, from requests for bids or quotes from AI, and from orders for AI’s services.
- Information collected from third parties
AI may collect information, including, without limitation, PII and business contact information, from third parties, including, without limitation, information service bureaus, data brokers, social media platforms, and/or industry conference or event organizers or sponsors. We may use the information collected from such third parties for various purposes, including, without limitation, sending you emails or other communications as described herein. In the event you receive such communications you will have the opportunity to opt-out of receiving communications from us.
- Information collected through automated means:
- AI Cookies. Cookies are small files that store certain data on a device or computer. AI may use session and persistent cookies for several purposes including, without limitation, to enable you to use and transverse a website and quality control. Session cookies expire when you close your browser. Persistent cookies remain on your device or computer indefinitely until deleted. A user may disable and/or delete cookies via the user’s browser or otherwise, however, this may limit your use of a website, and/or decrease the functionality available to the user in connection with a website.
- Log Files. AI’s websites may automatically gather and store certain information in log files, including, without limitation, data available from your web browser, including, without limitation, IP Address, browser type, internet service provider, referring/exiting pages, operating system, date/time stamp and click stream data.
Cookie Notice: AI values your privacy. Below please find a list of the cookies set or deployed by AI and/or its service providers, partners, and/or subcontractors. For certain cookies no opt-out mechanism is provided.
- Essential Cookies:
||No opt-out provided
||Tracks the last website visited prior to landing on a website.
||No opt-out provided
||Tracks the website or webpage landed on by the visitor.
||No opt-out provided
- Analytics and Customization – Data Collection
|Google Analytics (_utma)
|No opt-out provided
|Google Analytics (_utmb)
|No opt-out provided
|Google Analytics (_utmc)
||Session Cookie –
|No opt-out provided
|Google Analytics (_utmz)
|No opt-out provided
AI’s Do Not Track Notice.
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a preference in your browser that you can set to notify websites that you visit that you do not want the websites to collect certain information about you. AI does not respond to DNT signals. If you object to AI’s practice with regards to DNT signals, you are free not to visit AI’s website.
4. How We Use the Information that We Collect.
We may use information, including, without limitation, PII and business contact information, to:
- Provide, administer, and communicate with you about AI’s products, promotions, services, events (e.g., webinars, etc.), newsletters, and industry expertise/knowledge (e.g., whitepapers, articles, etc.);
- Create, supplement, and update AI’s directories and records for actual and/or potential suppliers, customers, and/or clients;
- Protect against and prevent fraud, claims, liabilities, and to manage risk exposure;
- Respond to inquiries and requests;
- Operate, evaluate, conduct, and improve AI’s business (including, without limitation, to conduct and complete transactions for AI’s products and/or services, to improve AI’s current products and/or services, to develop new products and/or services, etc.);
- Process and manage opt-out or unsubscribe requests;
- Comply with applicable laws, regulations, codes, and industry standards and practices;
- Conduct marketing and market research activities including, without limitation,: (a) contacting you to participate in customer satisfaction surveys or questionnaires via telephone, email, or otherwise, and (b) soliciting your opinions or feedback on AI’s business activities, including, without limitation, current and future products and services;
- Create and send targeted communications to you regarding you or your company’s transactions with AI and/or the profile for your company;
- Respond to a subpoena or an order of a court or government agency;
- Establish, exercise, or defend legal claims, including, without limitation, in order to protect the safety of an individual or to protect AI’s rights and/or property; and
- Evaluate your interest in employment and contact you regarding possible employment opportunities with AI and/or any company within the AI group of companies.
In the event that you provide AI with any feedback, suggestions, and/or comments regarding AI’s business activities, including, without limitation, regarding current and/or future products and/or services, AI may use, apply, and implement such feedback, suggestions, and/or comments, at AI’s discretion, and without notice to you, without any consent or approval from you, without any compensation to you, and/or without any attribution or credit to you, and you hereby irrevocably assign and transfer to AI all right, title, and interest in and/or to any such feedback, suggestions, and/or comments.
5. How do we share your information?
We may share information, including, without limitation, PII and business contact information, as follows:
- We may disclose information about you: (i) if we are required to do so pursuant to applicable laws or legal or court process; or (ii) when we believe disclosure is necessary to prevent harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of actual or suspected fraud or illegal activity.
- We reserve the right to transfer information about you in the event of a merger, acquisition, sale or other transaction involving AI. In addition, we may transfer your information in the event of a change of control event. Following a transfer covered by this Sub-Section (iv) you may contact the entity to whom your information was transferred, with any inquiries concerning the processing of your information.
6. Where is Information Stored?
Information, including, without limitation, PII and business contact information, is primarily stored on servers and systems located in the United States, which servers are licensed, owned, and/or maintained by or on behalf of AI. Your information may also be stored on or in local servers, networks, and files maintained by or on behalf of a company within the AI Group of companies. BY DISCLOSING YOUR PII TO AI YOU ARE EXPRESSLY CONSENTING TO THE TRANSFER AND EXPORTING OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO COUNTRIES OUTSIDE OF THE COUNTRY WHERE YOU MAY RESIDE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, TO THE UNITED STATES.
AI complies with the principles set forth in the United States (“US”) – European Union (“EU”) and US – Swiss Safe Harbor Frameworks as set forth by the US Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use and retention of personal data from EU member countries and Switzerland. AI has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view AI’s certification page, please visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor/.
7. What Security Measures Has AI Implemented?
AI maintains appropriate technical, administrative and physical safeguards to protect information, including, without limitation, PII, received or collected by AI. AI reviews, monitors and evaluates its privacy practices and protection systems on a regular basis. Notwithstanding the foregoing, transmissions over the Internet and/or a mobile network are not one hundred percent (100%) secure and AI does not guarantee the security of such transmissions. AI is not responsible for any errors by individuals in submitting PII to AI.
8. How can I opt-out?
You may opt-out by:
- clicking on the unsubscribe link contained in any e-mail communication received from AI; or
- contacting us as set forth below.
9. How Can You Access Your Information?
You may access information we collect from or about you in order to review, edit, or delete such information, or you may exercise your right to opt-out from communications from AI, by:
- Sending an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Sending an email request to email@example.com;
- Sending a request via regular mail, postage pre-paid to:
ASAP Insights, LLC
10. Children’s Privacy.
AI believes it is important to protect the online privacy of children. Accordingly, AI adheres to applicable laws and codes pertaining to the protection of children’s privacy, including, without limitation, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 in the United States (as amended). AI does not knowingly collect PII from anyone under the age thresholds prescribed by applicable laws and codes for the collection of PII from individuals without parental consent. If AI became aware that it inadvertently collected PII from anyone under such age thresholds, AI would promptly delete such PII.
11. How Long Does AI Retain My Information?
AI will retain PII and other information about you for such period of time as may be required or permissible by law.
Questions or Complaints Generally.
via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
AI has further committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the US-EU and US-Swiss Safe Harbor Privacy Principles to an independent dispute resolution mechanism, the CASRO SAFE HARBOR PROGRAM. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed by AI, please visit the CASRO SAFE HARBOR PROGRAM website at https://www.casro.org/?complaintcasrosh for more information and to file a complaint.
13. Links To Other Websites.
AI’s website(s) may contain or provide links to other websites for your convenience and information. These websites may operate independently from AI. Linked sites may have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly suggest you review if you visit any linked websites. To the extent any linked websites you visit are not owned or controlled by AI, AI is not liable or responsible for the websites’ content, any use of the websites, or the privacy practices of the owners of the websites.